Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> on 2017/03/24 00:42:21 UTC

Releasing 1.2 for non-x86 architectures

Hi!

recent issues surrounding builds on two of
our two non-x86 platforms got me thinking
that while it is fun to build on them (to iron out
kinds in JDK and what not) we don't actually
have to release the packages for most of the
projects since all those are arch independent.
The only ones that ARE arch dependent would be:
   bigtop-jsvc
   gpdb
   hadoop
   hue
   qfs
   tajo
   zookeeper

The question then becomes how do you structure
the repos. Do you have on repo for arch independent
stuff and one for each arch? Can you have all the
packages in a single repo?

What are the good practices around this?

I'm especially looking for advice from Canonical guys
and Linaro folks.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Releasing 1.2 for non-x86 architectures

Posted by Ganesh Raju <ga...@linaro.org>.
Roman,
We will run on ARM as well and let you know.

Ganesh

--
IRC: ganeshraju@#linaro on irc.freenode.ne <http://irc.freenode.net/>t

Re: Releasing 1.2 for non-x86 architectures

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.
+1 on Roman proposal..

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi Roman,

BTW: There are _arch dependent_ package workarounds in _arch independent_ packages ! I think we should mark the package as arch dependent in order to make sure.

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi,