Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Joachim Müller <jo...@wemove.com> on 2006/03/10 13:05:36 UTC

help on using portlet services in portal application

Hi all.

I need some guidance with using Portlet Services in my portal
application. That's may setup:

1.) portal base derived from portal.genapp.minimal (based on 2.0.1)

2.) portal application project from scratch

jetspeed-portlet.xml defines:

<js:services>
        <js:service name='UserManager'/>
        <js:service name='HeaderResource'/>
</js:services>

code in Portlet:

Object obj =
getPortletContext().getAttribute(CommonPortletServices.CPS_USER_MANAGER_COMPONENT);

obj is always null!!!!

Did I miss something? Is there any documentation on jetspeed-portlet.xml
or how to use portlet services in portlet applications?

Thanks in advance. best regards.
Joachim

Re: help on using portlet services in portal application

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od Joachim Müller z 2006-03-10 13:05 brzmiala:

> Did I miss something? Is there any documentation on jetspeed-portlet.xml
> or how to use portlet services in portlet applications?
Services should be enabled for you webapp in jetspeed-portlet.xml. Make
sure that you also modify portlet.xml to make changes in
jetspeed-portlet.xml detected or intruduce an appropriate record for
your webapp in the JETSPEED_SERVICES table (the bug with checksumming
jetspeed-portlet.xml described at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-464).

--
pozdrawiam,