Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> on 2007/02/18 23:24:13 UTC

[general] board report due

Here's what I propose to submit to the board tomorrow as our last
"just out of incubator" board report.  Some of these are the same as
last month - the report didn't onto the board's agenda.

   - o -

Issues requiring the Board's attention: none.

Infrastructure
--------------
We have no outstanding infrastructure issues.  We added a new mailing
list for build alerts from the community-run build system.

Development
-----------
Along with the continuous work across all aspects of the codebase,
the project accepted several new donations of code.  These were voted
by the project on the dev list and have been incorporated into the
project codebase, or are in progress :

1) "java.lang.management" package from IBM for the classlibrary
2) JSSE test suite from Intel
3) Reliability test suite from Intel
4) HTML parser for Swing from ITC
5) "javax.naming.ldap" package from ITC

Security
--------
There were no reported security issues.

Community
---------
We're still watching the OpenJDK project for opportunities to
collaborate, but so far, there has been little activity there since
our last update.

We have voted in one new committer :

   Xiao-Feng Li

We have added 7 committers to the PMC :

   Alexei Zakharov
   Alexey Varlamov
   Gregory Shimansky
   Alexey Petrenko
   Richard Liang
   Oliver Deakin
   Nadya Morozova

  - o -

If there are any additions or modifications you'd like, please speak up.

geir

Re: [general] board report due

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
Absolutely!  I'm really embarrassed that I didn't put that there...

Re: [general] board report due

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nd...@apache.org>.

Re: [general] board report due

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
Rev 2 (thanks to Nathan)

   - o -

Issues requiring the Board's attention: none.

Infrastructure
--------------
We have no outstanding infrastructure issues.  We added a new mailing
list for build alerts from the community-run build system.

Development

BEA released a version of the JRockit virtual machine (not open
source) that works with the the Harmony class library.  This is a
production-grade, high-performance JVM.  Not only is this a very
useful tool for the project as we can use it to help isolate class
library bugs because the JVM is "known good", it's also a good
demonstration of the adaptability of the Harmony class library.