Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/30 18:25:24 UTC

[ANN] FormDef 1.0 Release

I've always told people I'll start [ANN]ouncing once I hit 1.0, so...

FormDef 1.0 has been released and is ready for download.

http://www.rabago.net/struts/formdef/

FormDef allows you to easily declare Struts form beans based on
existing business classes.  This allows an application to reuse
property information and keep business classes and form beans in sync.

FormDef works with all types of dynamic ActionForms, and
FormDef-defined forms can be used like normally-defined form beans.

But that is just the beginning.

FormDef also has the following features:

* Data formatting support to allow html form controls to use formatted text
* Conversion methods to format and parse data between your form and
business object
* Support for beans that nest other beans, or a collection of other beans
* Locale support to allow the same form to be used in different
locales using different formats
* Extensions to allow both form definitions and form validations to
reside in one XML

More information is available on http://www.rabago.net/struts/formdef/
including downloads, manual, sample applications.
Source CVS is hosted by java.net on https://formdef.dev.java.net/.

For what's new in this release, and a link to the release notes,
please see https://formdef.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=229

Thanks to all those who've contributed code, patches, ideas, bug reports!