Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Cecilia Castillo <ca...@llnl.gov> on 2006/12/12 00:05:15 UTC

struts 2 tutorial and maven question

Hi!  I am new to struts, maven etc.  I am trying to follow the
bootstrap tutorial for struts 2.  I used the Maven Archetype to
create a new application for the tutorial and everything worked fine except...

- when I create the Login-validation.xml in my src/main/java/tutorial
directory (where Login.java is), then use use maven to build a war
file, it will not pick up the Login-validation.xml file and put it in
the target/classes/tutorial directory.

However, if I move the Login-validation.xml file to
src/main/resources/tutorial...then maven does pick up the
Login-validation.xml file and put it in the target/classes/tutorial directory.

Can someone tell me

* where are we supposed to keep the xxx-validation.xml files?

* if they are supposed to be in the same directory as the java action
classes, then what do I need to do to the default pom.xml file to
make maven pick up these files and put them in the appropriate
classes subdirectory?

Thanks,
  Cecilia

Re: struts 2 tutorial and maven question

Posted by Chong Yoke Ping <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

    In your pom.xml, under the resource tag, you need to add the
resource directory "**/*.xml".
    Hence your resource tags should have the following:

        <resources>
            <resource>
                <directory>${basedir}/src/main/resources</directory>
                <includes>
                    <include>**/*.*</include>
                </includes>
            </resource>
            <resource>
                <directory>${basedir}/src/main/java</directory>
                <includes>
                    <include>**/*.properties</include>
                    <include>**/*.xml</include>
                </includes>