Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/12 13:24:04 UTC

xerces 2.9.0 on maven repo ?

According to http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/, 2.9.0 is the latest stable
version of Xerces.
Why isn't it available on maven public repo ? Doesn't all apache projects
get automatically sync with repo ?

Nico.

Re: xerces 2.9.0 on maven repo ?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 12 Dec 06, at 7:24 AM 12 Dec 06, nicolas de loof wrote:
>
>> According to http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/, 2.9.0 is the latest
>> stable
>> version of Xerces.
>> Why isn't it available on maven public repo ? Doesn't all apache projects
>> get automatically sync with repo ?
>>

> No. It is not our responsibility to try and get every project to use a
> Maven repository. We hope that users pressure groups to place their
> artifacts in the Maven repository. Ask the Xerces people why they don't
> put their artifacts in the Maven repository in a timely manner.

FWIW the Ant team made putting the artifact up there a prerequisitie for
us adopting the release in the next ant distro, although we may still
postpone the upgrade until ant1.7.1 to do more QA of it. The xerces team
are going to release it and the matching xml apis. (1.3.0.4) to the
repository.

-steve

Re: xerces 2.9.0 on maven repo ?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 12 Dec 06, at 7:24 AM 12 Dec 06, nicolas de loof wrote:

> According to http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/, 2.9.0 is the
> latest stable
> version of Xerces.
> Why isn't it available on maven public repo ? Doesn't all apache
> projects
> get automatically sync with repo ?

No. It is not our responsibility to try and get every project to use
a Maven repository. We hope that users pressure groups to place their
artifacts in the Maven repository. Ask the Xerces people why they
don't put their artifacts in the Maven repository in a timely manner.

Jason.

Re: xerces 2.9.0 on maven repo ?

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
Thanks Nathan