Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Jayan Vidanapathirana <jc...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/16 05:56:34 UTC

Airavata MFT - Google Cloud Storage (GCS) transfer

Hi All,

The existing Airavata Managed File Transfer system is now capable of
handling Google Cloud Storage as well. Also to improve the user experience
with file transferring, Airavata MFT uses Google Cloud CLI to load default
user credentials and python-based MFT CLI to interact easily with file
transferring and file exploring. Furthermore, there are some improvements
that need to be done to performance wise and user experience.

Next steps,

   1. Perform a load test on GCS transfers
   2. Implement file chuck transferring for GCS

Special thanks go to Dimuthu Upeksha for guiding me on these tasks.

Thanks.
--
Best Regards

Jayan Vidanapathirana
[image: https://lk.linkedin.com/in/jayancv]
<https://lk.linkedin.com/in/jayancv>

Re: Airavata MFT - Google Cloud Storage (GCS) transfer

Posted by Jayan Vidanapathirana <jc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh,

Please refer to the following two PRs.

https://github.com/apache/airavata-mft/pull/68