Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/02 22:25:37 UTC

[DOCS] Preparing for translation

Hi,

Working on preparing the docs for translation I committed:
195c6c15febb51888d7f82110b9b50a3771e260e

It creates a new /pot directory in docs with all portable object templates (POT) files. One file per .xml file in docs/en-US.

So next time you pull master you will get a dump of .pot files…

Also updated .tx/config and pushed all new resources to transifex.

-sebastien

Re: [DOCS] Preparing for translation

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 3, 2013, at 4:42 AM, Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 03:25 PM, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Working on preparing the docs for translation I committed:
>> 195c6c15febb51888d7f82110b9b50a3771e260e
>>
>> It creates a new /pot directory in docs with all portable object
>> templates (POT) files. One file per .xml file in docs/en-US.
>>
>> So next time you pull master you will get a dump of .pot files…
>>
>> Also updated .tx/config and pushed all new resources to transifex.
>
> What, if anything, do we need to do when updating XML files or creating
> new ones to ensure that the .pot files are appropriately updated?

publican update_pot

http://rlandmann.fedorapeople.org/pug/sect-Users_Guide-Preparing_a_document_for_translation.html

I will write some instructions in the dev guide to describe the whole process.

One key part that you may want to help on, is that if any xml file is not used any more in the guides we should remove it...

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.