Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by hantsy <ha...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2013/05/01 13:53:02 UTC

Any plan to adopt Java EE 7

Hi,

I noticed Java EE 7 got approval, is there any plan to support Java EE 7.

And for JSF 2.2, the Converter, Validator , UIComponent, all listeners
still do not support CDI @Inject. Personally it is a big
disappointment.  And other two "big" features introduced in JSF2.2,
resource contract and flow, I also have no interest.

Especially the flow, the definition is very tedious, I hope Apache
Deltaspike can pick up the simple @ConversationScoped and @Begin @End
annotations in Seam 2 to implement a simple page flow solution .

BTW,  in the vote page, I found the status of  Redhat is "not voted",
what this means?

Hantsy
--
Fulltime Java EE Freelancer from China

Re: Any plan to adopt Java EE 7

Posted by Anil Saldhana <an...@gmail.com>.

On May 2, 2013, at 7:35 AM, hantsy <ha...@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

> yes, I means the vote of ee7.
>
> I just get the post on jboss.org,
> http://planet.jboss.org/post/ee7_is_approved.
>
> Mark Little explained the vote result. When I saw the result, I had
> thought weather there were some conflict between RedHat and Oracle, now
> it seems my mistake.

Unless you have a full time standards voting person employed, it is going to be very tricky. Particularly when there are multiple standards to vote on, you do not know which ones you have missed. Plus people are always traveling and reminder emails go to spam folder etc.

Also I am unsure if the EE leads kept the reminder button pressed.

Re: Any plan to adopt Java EE 7

Posted by hantsy <ha...@yahoo.com.cn>.
yes, I means the vote of ee7.

Re: Any plan to adopt Java EE 7

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.

Re: Any plan to adopt Java EE 7

Posted by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com>.

Re: Any plan to adopt Java EE 7

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
short addition:

some parts were postponed (in the final version of the spec.).
however, at myfaces we are currently working on it.
i'll port whatever is useful, once we are done.

regards,
gerhard

Re: Any plan to adopt Java EE 7

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.