Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "s.arun316@gmail.com" <s....@gmail.com> on 2013/02/07 10:44:11 UTC

ERROR:Usage: AddDimensionedImage imageFile outputFile

Hi i tried reading Microsoft format files using poi in eclipse but its giving
this error please help... It's working fine in my home computer.. but in
college laptop the  error is occuring...

Re: ERROR:Usage: AddDimensionedImage imageFile outputFile

Posted by Mark Beardsley <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
This because your code is calling the main(String[] args)  method of the
class and it expects to receive an array of type String that contains
exactly two elements. I am not at all sure you want to be calling this
method as it creates a new workbook and adds an image - the contents of
imageFile - into a newly created worksheet and then saves the whole away
under the name, and to the location, specified by contents of outputFile.

More typically, you would call one of the overloaded addImageToSheet()
methods passing all of the necessary arguments across to it's parameters.