Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by fe...@gmail.com on 2006/03/01 18:22:33 UTC

Compression

Hi everybody, I'm looking on the internet to find compression classes that
can be used with java.nio, but I can't find them.

I only want to create an IoFilter that can deflate and inflate data on the
fly when it arrives, because I have to send many repetition over the same
connection in my protocol, and java.zip is uneffective in my case ( many
little repetitive packets).

Has somebody any idea about what I can do?
I have find jzlib but it seems like if it is no more in development.

thanks to all!

Re: Compression

Posted by Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com>.
On 3/2/06, fedechicco@gmail.com <fe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You are a god mister 8)
> I was already trying to write my own implementation but I started from the
> scratch, so I was lost.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-179

I've attached the patch file.  You will also need jzlib-1.0.7.jar

I dont know if I'm supposed to upload that to jira as well.  You can
make your own jar after downloading the source from here -
http://www.jcraft.com/jzlib/

Regards,
Vinod.

Re: Compression

Posted by fe...@gmail.com.
You are a god mister 8)
I was already trying to write my own implementation but I started from the
scratch, so I was lost.

Thanks a lot!

> Hi everybody, I'm looking on the internet to find compression classes that
> can be used with java.nio, but I can't find them.
>
> I only want to create an IoFilter that can deflate and inflate data on the
> fly when it arrives, because I have to send many repetition over the same
> connection in my protocol, and java.zip is uneffective in my case ( many
> little repetitive packets).
>
> Has somebody any idea about what I can do?
> I have find jzlib but it seems like if it is no more in development.

Seems like this is your lucky day.  I've just finished implementing a
compression filter with MINA.  Had sent it to trustin for review
yesterday.  I still have to open a JIRA issue since I've not finished
testing it out.  You're welcome to try it out.  Let me open a JIRA
issue and attach the diff file.

Regards,
Vinod.

Re: Compression