Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com> on 2015/05/19 10:11:19 UTC

Early Access builds for JDK 9 b64 and JDK 8u60 b15 are available on java.net

Hi Stefan,

Early Access build for JDK 9 b64 <https://jdk9.java.net/download/> is
available on java.net, summary of  changes are listed here
<http://www.java.net/download/jdk9/changes/jdk9-b64.html>
The JDK 9 schedule of record is available on the JDK 9 Project page:
http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk9

Early Access build for JDK 8u60 b15 <http://jdk8.java.net/download.html>
is available on java.net, summary of changes are listed here.
<http://www.java.net/download/jdk8u60/changes/jdk8u60-b15.html>
Note with 8077220 in 8u60 b12 , we are disabling the RC4 cipher suite by
default.

As we enter the later phases of development for JDK 8u60, please log any
show stoppers as soon as possible.

Rgds,Rory

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Re: [compress] JDK 9 b64 breaks bzip2 decompression

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 27 May 2015 at 21:05, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> just as a heads up: while test-driving Ant on the latest JDK9 build I
> ran into errors for the tests that uncompressed bzip2 files, so I gave
> Commons Compress a try as well (Ant's bzip2 code base is pretty close to
> the CC one).
>
> In order to build Compress with JDK9 you need to set source and target
> to 1.6 and disable Animal Sniffer (don't ask me why, it fails), i.e.:

Animal Snuffer fails because they have not yet released a signature
for Java9 (nor Java8):

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/mojo/signature/

See also:

https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MANIMALSNIFFER-44

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [compress] JDK 9 b64 - interpretation of TimeZone in ZipEntry#getTime has changed?

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Hi Stefan,

Just back from a very long weekend, will take a look and get back to you.

Rgds,Rory

AW: [compress] JDK 9 b64 breaks bzip2 decompression

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
Thanks for the test.
I could confirm that with JDK 1.9-b66 (64bit) and CommonsCompress 1.9 on
Windows7 64bit.

Finished loop: 1246 <<< different numbers here
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 26 <<<
always the same number here

tried on several JDK versions with a maximum count of 5000 runs:
1.5.0_22-b03 --> works fine
1.6.0_43-b01 --> works fine (also faster than 1.5)
1.7.0_21-b11 --> works fine (another bit faster than 1.6)
1.8.0_31-b13 --> works fine (again a little bit faster than 1.7)
1.9.0-ea-b66 --> fail

Havent an earlier version of 1.9 on my machine. b66 had deinstalled that ;)

Jan

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Thanks Stefan!

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Thanks Stefan!

Posted by Balchandra Vaidya <ba...@oracle.com>.
Hi Stefan,

    Thank you for submitting the bug. The JBS id is
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8129330.

Regards
Balchandra

Posted by Balchandra Vaidya <ba...@oracle.com>.
Hi Stefan,

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Hi Stefan

Did you log a bug at bugs.java.com, if yes can you send me the Incident
number ?

Thanks,Rory

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Hi Stefan

Posted by dalibor topic <da...@oracle.com>.

--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +494089091214 <tel:+494089091214> | Mobile: +491737185961

Oracle | Kühnehöfe 5 | 22761 Hamburg
<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment

Re: [compress] JDK 9 b64 breaks bzip2 decompression

Posted by dalibor topic <da...@oracle.com>.

Re: Early Access builds for JDK 9 b64 and JDK 8u60 b15 are available on java.net

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2015-05-28, dalibor topic wrote:

> On 27.05.2015 21:48, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> Our rmic tests using the -Xnew compiler still fail.

> I recall this came up back in February, so I looked around in the JBS
> for a bit.

> I believe that
> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8050105?focusedCommentId=13521707&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13521707
> provides some background information regarding that issue.

> You might still want to file an issue at bugs.java.com anyway, as that
> issue concerned JDK tests using the -Xnew flag, rather than the hidden
> -Xnew option per se - in that case, please let us know what the
> incident id is.

Review ID: JI-9021702

Posted by dalibor topic <da...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2015-05-19, Rory O'Donnell wrote:

> Early Access build for JDK 9 b64 <https://jdk9.java.net/download/> is
> available on java.net, summary of  changes are listed here
> <http://www.java.net/download/jdk9/changes/jdk9-b64.html>
> The JDK 9 schedule of record is available on the JDK 9 Project page:
> http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk9

I haven't run Ant against all updates but just gave jdk9-b64 a try.

Our rmic tests using the -Xnew compiler still fail.

What is new is that Ant's bzip2 code is broken, I haven't investigated
the root cause, yet, but something must have changed.  Ant fails to
decompress bzip2 files on jdk9-b64 and the code really isn't using much
beyond reading byte[] and performing bitwise operations.

The code is pretty complex and I can easily envision the JIT going to
work on it differently than it did in Java 8.

I'll run the unit tests of Commons Compress as I expect them to face the
same problem.  But before that I'll need to figure out how to make its
Maven build work on 1.9 at all :-)

Cheers

        Stefan