Posted to user@struts.apache.org by srikanth_arr <ar...@yahoo.co.in> on 2007/04/25 10:49:14 UTC

compile error

i am new to struts when i compiling the my first struts app
iam getting a error

D:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\webapps\FirstApp>javac *.
java -d ..\web-inf\classes
UserRegistrationAction.java:8: error while writing
strutsEx.UserRegistrationActi
on: ..\web-inf\classes\strutsEx\UserRegistrationAction.class (The system
cannot
find the path specified)
public class UserRegistrationAction extends Action
^
Note: UserRegistrationForm.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint  eprecation for details.
1 error

Re: compile error

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
I'd be more likely to think that it can't find the
output path.

..\web-inf\classes\strutsEx\UserRegistrationAction.class
> (The system cannot find the path specified)

Make sure ..\WEB-INF\classes exists. Note that WEB-INF
is capitalized.

You may also want to consider re-thinking your
directory structure and moving the source out of the
web content area.

http://supportweb.cs.bham.ac.uk/docs/tutorials/docsystem/build/tutorials/ant/ant.html

Re: compile error

Posted by MK Tan <mk...@gmail.com>.