Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by mg <mg...@arscreat.com> on 2018/07/30 11:16:57 UTC

Groovy with OpenJDK 10 and IntelliJ Build - Solved

Hi,
we recently had a little bit of time to revisit the OpenJDK 10 build problem: As it turns out, it has nothing to do with Groovy, module support, or OpenJDK - instead the missing JARs have simply been removed from JDK 10 (they had only been deprecated in JDK 9 - quick removal after deprecation in the Java world will need some getting used to ;-) ).
All one needs to do to remedy the situation is add external dependencies replacing the removed JDK functionality to ones project, in our case:
OJDK 10: glassfish-corba-omgapi-3.2.0-b005.jar (for Notes 9)

OJDK 11: jaxb-api-2.3.0.jar (for Vaadin 7)

(All these removals come from the same JEP:

JDK Extension Proposal (no longer a proposal, alreday happening in JDK 9/10/11 - e.g. JAXB is gone in 11) betreffend das java.corba Problem, das wir gerade gelöst haben:

http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/320 )
Chhers,mg

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 9:28 AM MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
          wrote:

        Hi,

          does anyone allready have experience compiling a Groovy
          project under

          IntelliJ and OpenJDK 10 ?

          We are currently using OpenJDK 8 and would need to evaluate
          (if

          possible) if our Groovy framework has any problems building
          & running

          under OpenJDK 10. We are using IntelliJ modules as our build
          system, and

          with OpenJDK 10 the Groovy build throws an internal compiler
          error that

          NotesException requires a base class from the java.corba
          module, which

          can no longer be found. Is there a (quick) way to make Groovy
          code

          module compatible under IntelliJ 2018.1.5 ?

          Cheers,

          mg