Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2010/02/06 04:55:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release OpenJPA 2.0.0-beta plugin for Geronimo 2.2 servers

I've created a plugin that can be used to upgrade an existing Geronimo
2.2 or 2.2.1-SNAPSHOT server from OpenJPA 1.x to the new
OpenJPA 2.0.0-beta, so users can start experimenting with a JPA 2.0
certified codebase.

I just updated the hosted openjpa2/geronimo-plugins.xml for the beta
release, so it'll take about an hour before you can try installing the
plugin from the staging site into a server.

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-003/

Source tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/openjpa2/tags/openjpa2-2.2-beta/

Plugin installation instructions:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/openjpa2/tags/openjpa2-2.2-beta/README.txt

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
Donald

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenJPA 2.0.0-beta plugin for Geronimo 2.2 servers

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1

Source passed mvn rat:check
Was able to rebuild from the tag.
Was able to install the staged plugins on a 2.2 JEE5 Tomcat server.
Restarted server and then installed Daytrader 2.2-SNAPSHOT, created db
and populated it, switched to EJB3 Full mode and was able to run the
Test Scenario servlet and see that OpenJPA was being used -
2010-02-08 16:51:39,117 INFO  [Runtime] Starting OpenJPA 2.0.0-beta
2010-02-08 16:51:39,117 INFO  [JDBC] Using dictionary class
"org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary".

-Donald

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
+1

Joe

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
+1

Joe

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release OpenJPA 2.0.0-beta plugin for Geronimo 2.2 servers

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Vote passes with four +1 votes from:
  Donald Woods, Kevan Miller, Rick McGuire and Joe Bohn
There were no 0 or -1 votes.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
If you are having problems installing the 2.2-beta plugins, you can try
using the geronimo-plugins.xml in the following location, which is a
mirror copy of the one hosted off of g.a.o/plugins/openjpa2 -
  http://people.apache.org/~dwoods/openjpa/
which points to the Nexus staging repo for the actual artifacts.

Also, before you can try building the source code, you'll need to have
built a 2.2 Server locally first, otherwise the build will more than
likely fail, as I have never gotten a CAR to build w/o building the
prereq server level locally first....

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1
--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenJPA 2.0.0-beta plugin for Geronimo 2.2 servers - not canceled

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
This vote is NOT CANCELED.  It turns out, 2.2 is more sensitive to the
plugin install and you must restart the server before accessing any
console code, such as the System Modules portlet.  Also, a clean server
shutdown/restart instead of Ctrl+C may be required.

After installing a clean 2.2 server and using "geronimo.sh stop" right
after the plugin was installed, everything is working fine now.

-Donald

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenJPA 2.0.0-beta plugin for Geronimo 2.2 servers - canceled

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.