Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Naveen Raj <na...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/18 22:21:46 UTC

Remove headers behaves differently and not as expected

Hi guys,
              I tried to work with the camel's remove header which works for
some and does not work for other patterns

It works for the below patterns

<removeHeaders pattern="*" />
<removeHeaders pattern="CamelFile*" />

It does not work for
<removeHeaders pattern="*File*" />

Is the above expected?

Also in the exclude pattern I observe that the wildcard patterns * is not
recognised at all.

eg.<setHeader headerName="firstCustomHeader">
				<constant>firstCustomHeader</constant>
			</setHeader>
			<setHeader headerName="secondCustomHeader">
				<constant>secondCustomHeader</constant>
			</setHeader>
			<setHeader headerName="thirdCustomHeader">
				<constant>thirdCustomHeader</constant>
			</setHeader>
			<setHeader headerName="fourthCustomHeader">
				<constant>fourthCustomHeader</constant>
			</setHeader>

                       <removeHeaders pattern="*"
excludePattern="fourth*|third*" />
the above removes all the header but does excludes the excludePattern value

<version>2.13.1</version>

Thanks,
Naveen Raj

Re: Remove headers behaves differently and not as expected

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yes either use a regular expression or use a single * in the end as
wildcard. So *File* is not valid. Use a regular expression for that.

See this page
http://camel.apache.org/intercept

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 10:21 PM, Naveen Raj <na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>               I tried to work with the camel's remove header which works for
> some and does not work for other patterns
>
> It works for the below patterns
>
> <removeHeaders pattern="*" />
> <removeHeaders pattern="CamelFile*" />
>
> It does not work for
> <removeHeaders pattern="*File*" />
>
> Is the above expected?
>
> Also in the exclude pattern I observe that the wildcard patterns * is not
> recognised at all.
>
> eg.<setHeader headerName="firstCustomHeader">
>                                 <constant>firstCustomHeader</constant>
>                         </setHeader>
>                         <setHeader headerName="secondCustomHeader">
>                                 <constant>secondCustomHeader</constant>
>                         </setHeader>
>                         <setHeader headerName="thirdCustomHeader">
>                                 <constant>thirdCustomHeader</constant>
>                         </setHeader>
>                         <setHeader headerName="fourthCustomHeader">
>                                 <constant>fourthCustomHeader</constant>
>                         </setHeader>
>
>                        <removeHeaders pattern="*"
> excludePattern="fourth*|third*" />
> the above removes all the header but does excludes the excludePattern value
>
> <version>2.13.1</version>
>

> Thanks,
> Naveen Raj

Claus Ibsen