Posted to dev@olingo.apache.org by mibo <mi...@apache.org> on 2015/06/27 11:44:13 UTC

[lazy consensus] Release of next Olingo V2 version (2.0.5)

Hi,

for Olingo V2 there are actual two issues (OLINGO-710 and OLINGO-689) which were fixed
but release of them could cause an adjustment in an actual service implementation.

For OLINGO-689 the EdmNamed validation was fixed but now invalid property names will lead to a validation exception.
For OLINGO-710 the "ODataServiceFactory.getCallback(…)“ method signature was fixed
but now the "getCallback(final Class<? extends ODataCallback> callbackInterface)“ of an implementation has to be replaced
with "getCallback(final Class<T> callbackInterface)“.

IMHO both fixes are important and hence I suggest to do a release (2.0.5) which includes mainly these fixes.
Because of that last commit was two weeks ago I will merge OLINGO-710 on master and
afterwards prepare the „maintenance“ release within next week (create RC01 and start the vote).
Attention: after the merge there will be a "code freeze“ on Olingo V2.

If there are no objections I will volunteer as release manager and proceed with above listed timeline.

Best regards,
Michael