Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Deepak Konidena <de...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/16 04:16:46 UTC

sqoop-export with sequence files doesn't work.

Hi,

I have a sequence file with with both (key,value) as
org.apache.hadoop.io.Text

I am trying to export the data into a mysql table with (key,value) mapped
to (varchar, blob) since the value is pretty big. and I get the following
error:

(command) - sqoop export -m "1" -connect
"jdbc:mysql://<host>:3306/database" --username "sqoop" --password
"sqooppwd" --table "tablename"  --export-dir "/path/to/sequencefile"
--verbose

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.hadoop.io.Text cannot be cast to
org.apache.hadoop.io.LongWritable
    at
org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.CombineShimRecordReader.getCurrentKey(CombineShimRecordReader.java:95)
    at
org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.CombineShimRecordReader.getCurrentKey(CombineShimRecordReader.java:38)
    at
org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.CombineFileRecordReader.getCurrentKey(CombineFileRecordReader.java:79)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewTrackingRecordReader.getCurrentKey(MapTask.java:461)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.task.MapContextImpl.getCurrentKey(MapContextImpl.java:66)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.map.WrappedMapper$Context.getCurrentKey(WrappedMapper.java:75)
    at
org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.AutoProgressMapper.run(AutoProgressMapper.java:64)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:672)

The export works fine when I create a text file like so,

<key,value1,value2,value3>

and upload it to hdfs using -CopyFromLocal

But, its only with sequence files that it doesn't seem to work. Any
thoughts?

Thanks,
Deepak

Re: sqoop-export with sequence files doesn't work.

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Deepak,
I would advise you to ask CDH specific questions on cdh-user [1] mailing lists as you are much more likely to get answer there.

For your convenience the Sqoop HCatalog integration will be part of upcoming CDH 4.4.0.

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/#!forum/cdh-user

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.
i don't know about CDH distro - may be it does.      You need Sqoop 1.4.4
along with HCatalog installation

Thanks

Venkat

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Deepak Konidena <de...@gmail.com>wrote:

> @Krishna Rao - Sequence file provides us the compression we need.
> Converting the data into a non-sequence file is not an option since it
> won't be scale.
>
> @Venkat - The version of sqoop I am using is 1.4.3. Does HCatalog have to
> be installed separately or does it come as part of CDH4.3 ?
>

> -Deepak
>

> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Venkat Ranganathan <
> vranganathan@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> The HCatalog integration handles tables with sequence files - It is part
>> of 1.4.4 - It handles both exports and imports
>>
>> Venkat
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 9:32 AM, Krishna Rao <kr...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I've run into this problem as well. I ended up copying the table into a
>>> non-sequenceFile table just so I could sqoop it out (something along the
>>> lines of CREATE TABLE nonSeqTbl LIKE seqTbl; INSERT OVERWRITE nonSeqTbl
>>> SELECT * FROM seqTbl;).
>>>
>>> Is there a plan to allow sqoop-exporting of sequence file tables?
>>>
>>> Krishna

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: sqoop-export with sequence files doesn't work.

Posted by Deepak Konidena <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: sqoop-export with sequence files doesn't work.

Posted by Krishna Rao <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Deepak Konidena <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>.