Posted to users@maven.apache.org by stéphane bouchet <St...@emn.fr> on 2004/03/22 17:48:29 UTC

ChangeLog report, UNIX and .cvspass file

Hi,

I am using the last Maven version ( 1.0-rc2-SNAPSHOT), and i got
problems with the changelog report shipping with .

That is the story :
I am using two boxes : 1 with eclipse/mevenide and Windows, the other
with Solaris/cruisecontrol .

before using rc2, i used rc1-STABLE without any problems. the changelog
plugins used was 1.3, and generate a good report.

With rc2-SNAPSHOT, the plugin complains to not finding the password for
my cvs repository.
After a cvs login in a command shell, the plugin did not find any
entries....

trying to use the 1.3 version gave me a report with more than 100 entries.

Looks like a bug in 1.4 .

I tried 1.4 version on the solaris Box and a got an other Problem : the
.cvspass file is not the same as the windows one, so the plugin
complains not having entry in the .cvspass file . BUT there is one !

After looking the plugin code, it seems that the lookupPassword() method
in the CvsConnection class had a bug.
I think this line :
"
password = line.substring(cvsRoot.length() + 1);
"
on the Windows machine, my .passwd looks like that :
:pserver:anoncvs@<snip>:/home/cvs/cvsroot A

on the Solaris Machine, looks like that :
/1  :pserver:anoncvs@<snip>:/home/cvs/cvsroot A

So for now i used the 1.3 version :)

Thanks for your great tools and for reading me so far :)

Stephane