Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/08/27 23:44:18 UTC

[Discovery] Can it find 'all loadable implmentations of N'

I want to write some software that is "driver based", in the main so that
when the dependencies for certain drivers do not exist, others (fallbacks)
can kick in. I'd like to say "list me all the classes that implement
interface X in this environment". I can then try to load them (and filter
out the once that can't load due to dependencies, if I have to).

Is this something that commons discovery could/should do?

Thanks in advance.

regards

Adam
--