Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/08 23:49:09 UTC

[PROPOSAL] ASF Board Report - December 2011

Hello!

You can find my initial proposal for the ASF Board Report - December 2011
at [1].
Feel free to amend/correct wherever it's necessary. I will/have to submit
the board report until 12/14/2011 to the Apache board.

We have of course to alter the "Branding Status" section.

@Dan, Guillaume, Hadrian, JB and all others: Is there a check list for the
"Branding Status" section where I have to work through?

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/2011-12-21

Best,
Christian

Re: [PROPOSAL] ASF Board Report - December 2011

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Agree Claus,

I made it on the "Powered By Karaf" logo.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] ASF Board Report - December 2011

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello Claus!

Thanks for this information. On short notice I couldn't find the page where
we have to add the TM. Do you know which one it is? I would like to have
this fixed until I have to send out the board report...

Best,
Christian

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello Guillaume!

Thanks for the link. I will go through it...

Best,
Christian

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Christian,

The report looks good to me.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] ASF Board Report - December 2011

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
I updated the board report after we finished some tasks and other input. At
present my proposal looks so:

h1. Status report for the Apache Camel project - December 2011

Apache Camel is a powerful open source integration framework based on known
Enterprise Integration Patterns.

Project Status
   November 2011 - 577 in the last board report for October 2011)
 * Apache Camel has been presented at ApacheCon in Vancouver by Hadrian
Zbarcea
   and Daniel Kulp.
 * Set up back port guidelines for our maintenance branches.
are
   forwarded to have less noise on dev@.
 * No new committers since the last board report (November 2011)
 * No new PMC members since the last board report (November 2011)

Community Objectives
--------------------
 * Our current objective is to release Camel 2.9.0 soon. We did a few
   preparations for bigger refactorings which we plan for Camel 3.0.0, added
   new components, fixed issues and added new features and improvements.
 * Our second objective is to start with the development for Camel 2.10.0 in
   the next days.
 * Besides all this we continues development with new features and fixes for
   the camel-2.7.x and 2.8.x maintenance branches.

Branding Status
---------------
 * Project Naming And Descriptions : Compliant
 * Website Navigation Links : Compliant
 * Trademark Attributions : Compliant
 * Logos and Graphics : Compliant
 * Project Metadata : Compliant

Releases
--------
* 2.8.3

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Now we are compliant with all topics in the "Branding Status" section.
Thanks Dan and Claus for your support.

Best,
Christian

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Claus for the very detailed explanation.
I could do all the steps you mentioned. Now I'm waiting for the update on
camel.apache.org.

Thank you again,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello Claus!

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

The TM logo is now online
http://camel.apache.org/

Maybe the TM is a bit too big text. But nevertheless its working now.
Also the PNG logo is now only 15kb, where the old was about 130kb.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen