Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Alessandro Manzoni <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/30 11:34:33 UTC

Derby ERROR XSDB6

For some reasons I'm using derby embedded driver.
The application performs as expected unless, for debug purpose, I open
the database from eclipse DatabaseDevelopment perspective.
Even if i close the connection from DatabaseDevelopment and closing
DatabaseDevelopment perspective too, when I connect the db from the
application I get the SQLExceplion:
"ERROR XSDB6: Another instance of Derby may have already booted the
database.
The only way I found to reset this figure, is restarting eclipse. I
imagine that's because DatabaseDevelopment is using a different JVM.
Is there a way to force closing the db?

Thank you.

Re: Derby ERROR XSDB6

Posted by Alessandro Manzoni <ma...@gmail.com>.
Il 30.10.2015 11.41, Peter Ondruška ha scritto:
> I've had exactly the same problem which has to do with Eclipse not
> being aware of embedded Derby specific way to shutdown. Eclipse only
> closes connection and database stays open. I solved this by running
> standalone Derby network server and connecting from Eclipse and
> application as network client.
One uncomfortable way I found is specifying shutdown=true connection
attribute (with user and password in case security is enabled. E.g.
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:dbname;shutdown=true"), but this
cannot be done from DatabaseDevelopment sql editor, you have to change,
even temporary, the connection properties and try to connect (even with
test connection).
I hoped there was another way, maybe changing the Connection object:

Re: Derby ERROR XSDB6

Posted by Peter Ondruška <pe...@kaibo.eu>.

--
Peter Ondruška