Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mark Ferguson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/27 00:49:51 UTC

Setting dataDir in multicore environment

Hi,

In my solr.xml file, I am trying to set the dataDir property the way it is
described in the CoreAdmin page on the wiki:

<core name='p11' instanceDir='./'>
  <property name="dataDir" value="./data/p11" />
</core>

However, the property is being completed ignored. It is using whatever I
have set in the solrconfig.xml file (or ./data, the default value, if I set
nothing in that file). Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am trying this
approach to avoid using ${solr.core.name} in the solrconfig.xml file, since
dynamic properties are broken for creating cores via the REST api.

Mark

Re: Setting dataDir in multicore environment

Posted by Mark Ferguson <ma...@gmail.com>.
This is just what I needed, thank you so much for the quick response! It's
really appreciated!

Mark

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.

--
--Noble Paul

Re: Setting dataDir in multicore environment

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
I shall give a patch today

--
--Noble Paul

Re: Setting dataDir in multicore environment

Posted by Mark Ferguson <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
The behavior is expected

--