Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Liu, Richard" <ri...@verizon.com> on 2004/01/31 00:33:08 UTC

JPortal Tutorial 3

Hi all,

I am looking into JPortal Tutorial 3 to customize menus with the
customizer. After I clicked the pen-like button to customize, I do not
see the menu name list (such as Basic Tutorials, Advanced Tutorials,...)
I only see number 1 to 4 listed. If I click the number othe icon before
the number, I got HTTP 404 error.

	HTTP Status 404 - /jportal/$jslink.getAction(

--------
	type Status report
	message /jportal/$jslink.getAction(
	description The requested resource (/jportal/$jslink.getAction()
is not available.

Any clue what is missing in my configuration? Thanks a lot in advance.

Richard

Re: JPortal Tutorial 3

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Friday, January 30, 2004, at 03:33  PM, Liu, Richard wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am looking into JPortal Tutorial 3 to customize menus with the
> customizer. After I clicked the pen-like button to customize, I do not
> see the menu name list (such as Basic Tutorials, Advanced
> Tutorials,...)
> I only see number 1 to 4 listed. If I click the number othe icon before
> the number, I got HTTP 404 error.
>

> 	HTTP Status 404 - /jportal/$jslink.getAction(

> -
> --------
> 	type Status report
> 	message /jportal/$jslink.getAction(
> 	description The requested resource (/jportal/$jslink.getAction()
> is not available.
>
> Any clue what is missing in my configuration? Thanks a lot in advance.

I just uploaded a new tutorial to

http://www.bluesunrise.com/jetspeed-docs/jportal.jar

New documentation:

http://www.bluesunrise.com/jetspeed-docs/JetspeedTutorial.htm

I committed a bug fix in Custom Localization in the Jetspeed CVS head
that was causing problems with loading localized strings from 2 or more
resources bundles
(The tutorial has 2 resource bundles, jetspeed's and its own - a patch
a while back broke working with 2 or more resource bundles)
Recommend using the tutorial along with Feb 2 nightly build or greater,
or directly from CVS

I specifically tested the $jslink.getAction problem described above and
it appears to be fixed
Let me know if that works for you