Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by HUO Jing <hu...@ihep.ac.cn> on 2014/03/17 20:52:52 UTC

Qurstion about Framework Scheduler and DRF Allocator

Hi,
I have some quetions about framework scheduler and DRF Allocator.
When I launch the mesos-master, I set  --weights=hadoop=1,torque=2.
But, even if torque has no job to run , the Master still give the 2/3 resources of the whole system to it. And these resources cann't be used by hadoop.
Is there any way to pass the offers which torque doesn't need to hadoop?

Re: Qurstion about Framework Scheduler and DRF Allocator

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hey Huo,

There might be a bug in the allocation code that decides how resources are
allocated to multiple frameworks. Filed
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-1119.

Meanwhile can you try increasing the "Filter timeout" used by hadoop when
it declines offers?