Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/24 22:28:47 UTC

multiple consumers on a topic

I am very new to kafka, so I'll apologize in advance for any stupid
questions...

That being said is it possible within kafka to have multiple consumers on a
single topic?  I had assumed the answer was yes, but I am running into some
issues setting this up.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: multiple consumers on a topic

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.
sorry, I believe I answered my own question.  Yes it supports this based on
the group.id.