Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Matt Renaud <en...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/24 05:24:04 UTC

Hackage thrift package out of date

I attempted to install thrift with cabal install thrift today and got the
error:

setup-Simple-Cabal-1.18.1.5-x86_64-linux-ghc-7.8.4: ../../LICENSE: does not
exist

which was caused by a bug in the Thrift.cabal file. This was fixed in the
upstread repo (https://github.com/apache/thrift/tree/master/lib/hs) 4
months ago but the version on hackage appears to be older than that. Do you
think this will be updated soon?

Regards,
Matt

Re: Hackage thrift package out of date

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey Matt
Known issue, will be fixed in our next release

-Jake