Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2000/02/02 22:29:14 UTC

The CSS patch

I went ahead and applied Marc's "CSS patch" to the CVS tree. Now it's
time to release it. Should we roll now, and perform the standard
procedure with how to do a roll, or should we "test" the current
tree for, say, 24 hours, before we tag/roll/etc... ??
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"

Re: The CSS patch

Posted by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@mch.sni.de>.
On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 04:29:14PM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I went ahead and applied Marc's "CSS patch" to the CVS tree. Now it's
> time to release it. Should we roll now, and perform the standard
> procedure with how to do a roll, or should we "test" the current
> tree for, say, 24 hours, before we tag/roll/etc... ??

I'd say wait another day before tagging/rolling.

(BTW: I already prepared patched binary versions for
ReliantUNIX and SINIX and put them into the wellknown places.)

    Martin
--
  <Ma...@MchP.Siemens.De>      |       Fujitsu Siemens
       <ma...@apache.org>              |   81730  Munich,  Germany

Re: The CSS patch

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I went ahead and applied Marc's "CSS patch" to the CVS tree. Now it's
> time to release it. Should we roll now, and perform the standard
> procedure with how to do a roll, or should we "test" the current
> tree for, say, 24 hours, before we tag/roll/etc... ??

Given that the changes sinc the last release are relatively small
and harmless (Hmm, soungs good on a grave stone) I'd advocate the
fast track procedure.

I.e. tag/roll in the next hours and test that. -or- alternatively a code
freeze whilst testing (or a TAG/branch now) and then rolling the code from
there.

Alternatively we could also roll a tarball from the last tag plus
marc his changes. But that would mean a branch. We've always stayed
clear of those.

Dw.