Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by "Sanjay X. Jain" <sa...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2010/08/11 22:56:15 UTC

A log4jconfig.xml file

I have a log4jconfig.xml file that is loaded in my hadoop job code as: DOMConfigurator.configure("log4jconfig.xml");
How should I pass this file to the job (and its mapper and reducer)? I have tried to include it in CLASSPATH env variable, and by including the file in job's jar file, both don't seem to work.
Purpose: want to control what is logged where in my hadoop job's classes/packages.

Any clues will be really helpful.

Thx!
Sanjay

Re: A log4jconfig.xml file

Posted by Vinod KV <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>.
The earlier question is easier to answer given you are loading the file
yourselves :)

You have multiple solutions:
  (1) Put it in the lib folder inside the job.jar. It should be
automatically available from the task's classpath.
  (2) Set it in distributed cache as a classpath file. See
DistributedCache.addCacheFile(URI uri, Configuration conf).

+vinod

Re: A log4jconfig.xml file