Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/04 22:10:17 UTC

Eigencuts version of spectral clustering

Looks like this is finished as of May of this year, but is there still the
"bottleneck" performance issue with it?  I.e., is it useful in production?

Thanks
Andrew

Re: Eigencuts version of spectral clustering

Posted by Shannon Quinn <sq...@gatech.edu>.
Eigencuts was removed from 0.8. The "fixed" version was never released due to the bottleneck you described.

Off the books, it's still a work in progress, but I won't be petitioning the PMC to put it back in until it scales properly.

iPhone'd