Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Nahrwold, Helge" <He...@LP-GMBH.com> on 2006/04/21 14:56:59 UTC

dataTable - Property 'varDetailToggler' is not on type: org.apach e.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTable

Hi all,

i've a dataTable with param -> varDetailToggler="detailToggler"
After accessing the file I get the following message into the console:

WARNING: /view/table.xhtml @37,42 varDetailToggler="detailToggler" Property
'varDetailToggler' is not on type:
org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTable

Can I do anything to solve this prop?

Thanks,

Helge

Re: dataTable - Property 'varDetailToggler' is not on type: org.apach e.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTable

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Question 1: is it broken?

Are you sure that property exists on the class that is in your
classpath (double check that your
"org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlDataTable" has "public
String getVarDetailToggler()" that is on your classpath).

Perhaps you have an older tomahawk jar in your classpath that doesn't
have that property?

Question 2: does it work, but have the warning?

If this is the case, is "getVarDetailToggler" on a super class? I have
seen facelets print this warning for components that have the
functionality in a parent component. For example, I get the warning
all the time with "forceId=", since forceId is on a parent class in
tomahawk components usually.

I am including this to the facelets list to get feedback if the issue
is just #2. If it is #2, everything will work fine (forceId still
works despite the warnings I get).

-Andrew

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.