Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Patrick Durusau <pa...@durusau.net> on 2011/12/22 16:23:35 UTC

Trouble building Nutch

Greetings!

I am trying to follow the steps at:
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/RunNutchInEclipse

but when I encounter:

>    *
>
>       The only Source folder will be trunk/src > *Remove* this folder
>       > Add Folder > expand trunk/src and check src/bin, src/java,
>       src/test & src/testresources.
>
>    *
>
>       In additon, we must maunally add *EVERY* individual plugin
>       src/java and src/test folder, although this takes some time it
>       is absolutely essential that this is done.

I am not sure how to proceed.

I have:

workspace/trunk/src

Which I assume is the target of "Remove this folder" but then Add Folder
 > expand trunk/src and check(?) src/bin, etc.??

Then, "must manually add EVERY individual plugin src/java and scr/text
folder"

If I have already deleted the trunk/src folder it is going to be
difficult to know what empty folders (if that is what is meant) to add
back.

Moreover, the second line sounds like there are other folders to be
added, but with no listing of where EVERY such folder will be found.

The reason I am going through all this is so I can compile a version of
Nutch with the lastest Solr library.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau

Re: Trouble building Nutch

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Patrick,

So you must remove thre NUTCH_HOME/src which by default will be added
as the src folder.

Instead add

NUTCH_HOME/src/java
every occourance of
NUTCH_HOME/src/plugin/plugin_name/src/java
NUTCH_HOME/src/plugin/plugin_name/src/test
then
NUTCH_HOME/src/test/

hopefully you can follow the rest, if not get back to us.

Thanks

--
Lewis