Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Kristian Köhler <kr...@googlemail.com> on 2009/06/16 07:34:31 UTC

Release plan/date for maven-bundle-plugin?

Hi

is there any plan or date for a new maven-bundle-plugin release? Version
2.0.0 was release about 3 month ago and there are some new features and
bugfixes available.

Not sure if it's neccessary to update but there is also a newer bnd
version available (http://www.aqute.biz/repo/biz/aQute/bnd/0.0.313/). ;-)

Thanks
Kristian

Re: Release plan/date for maven-bundle-plugin?

Posted by Kristian Köhler <kr...@googlemail.com>.
Hi

sorry for the late response...

> the plan is basically kept in JIRA... there are still a number of issues
> targeting the next release
>
> I don't have any firm date of the next release as it depends on so many
> variables (like how much spare time I have)
>
> are there any particular fixes you are urgently waiting for?

We're waiting for these 3 issues to be fixed:

* FELIX-974 - "Possibility to install dependencies to obr repository
when installing maven artifact"
* FELIX-1023 - "Category Information not exported to obr file"
* FELIX-1240 - "BundlePlugin fails in combination with apt-plugin"

Currently we work with a patched plugin version which we like to replace
as soon as possible with an official one. Not sure if you define it
"urgent".  ;-)

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/6/16 Kristian Köhler <kr...@googlemail.com>

> Hi
>
> is there any plan or date for a new maven-bundle-plugin release? Version
> 2.0.0 was release about 3 month ago and there are some new features and
> bugfixes available.

the plan is basically kept in JIRA... there are still a number of issues
targeting the next release

I don't have any firm date of the next release as it depends on so many
variables (like how much spare time I have)

are there any particular fixes you are urgently waiting for?

> Not sure if it's neccessary to update but there is also a newer bnd version
> available (http://www.aqute.biz/repo/biz/aQute/bnd/0.0.313/). ;-)

actually the latest is 0.0.336 but we need the artifact available on Maven
central to avoid adding Peters repository to all bundle projects (up to now
we've had to request manual uploads for each version of the Bnd Tool we want
on central, because we don't own the "biz/aQute" groupId)

Thanks

--
Cheers, Stuart