Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by 彭鱼宴 <46...@qq.com> on 2018/06/27 15:59:32 UTC

回复: Question about deploying kylin and hive

Hi Shaofeng,

Thanks for your reply and help. And here is one more question: is there any restful API that could let me add project and model? From the website, I could find the API that help me build cube and load hive table, without any mention about adding project and model. If yes, if you could provide me with some links which have examples?

Best,
Zhefu Peng

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Zhefu,

Maybe my message isn't clear above, let me try again.

By design, Kylin expects the user to create new project/model/cube with
Kylin's web wizard, instead of using REST API, so they were not in the API
doc.

The reason is, the model/cube data structure is complex and may change over
time; they are something like implementations, not API.

If you feel Kylin's web wizard is unfriendly, or you have an alternative
way to design it, please share your experiences. We hope the wizard easy to
use.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋

回复: Question about deploying kylin and hive

Posted by 彭鱼宴 <46...@qq.com>.
Shaofeng,

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Zhefu,