Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by "aadluv <aadluv@yahoo.com>" <aa...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/15 06:08:20 UTC

IIS:ASP to APACHE:ASP

Hi,

I have developed a web application using IIS/ASP. Can i make the same
compatible with APACHE:ASP.

If yes then can u guide me with the standard steps required to go
about with the transition if u have experience or have come across
the same scenario.

If no, then is there any other way of making ASP compatible with
APACHE? If yes, please suggest the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Aadesh.

Re: IIS:ASP to APACHE:ASP

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Csongor Fagyal wrote:

>> If no, then is there any other way of making ASP compatible with
>> APACHE? If yes, please suggest the same.
>>

> I do not think so, but let the pros answer this.

VBScript ASP can be made compatible with other systems, please see:

   http://www.apache-asp.org/faq.html#VBScript%20or%201a79dae2

PerlScript ASP works just fine under Apache::ASP

-- Josh

Re: IIS:ASP to APACHE:ASP

Posted by Csongor Fagyal <co...@conceptonline.hu>.
aadluv wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have developed a web application using IIS/ASP. Can i make the same
>compatible with APACHE:ASP.

Not easily. In general, Apache::ASP and IIS/ASP are not compatible: the
first uses Perl, while the other uses VBScript (or something like that
:-)) You could convert them, but I am not sure if that is
algorythmically possible. But you can do this by hand easily, the two
systems are very similar. (We have even done RXML to ASP conversion by
hand - if that is possible, everything else is :-))

>If yes then can u guide me with the standard steps required to go
>about with the transition if u have experience or have come across
>the same scenario.

See above. And, you must know Perl and Apache::ASP to do this.

>If no, then is there any other way of making ASP compatible with
>APACHE? If yes, please suggest the same.

I do not think so, but let the pros answer this.

- Cs.