Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org> on 2007/04/09 13:56:15 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Velocity DocBook Framework 1.0 released

The Velocity developers are very pleased to announce the first release
of the Velocity DocBook Framework (DBF).

It is intended to help creating high-quality documentation in the
Docbook format which can be used online or as PDF for print out.

Downloads and documentation are available from
http://velocity.apache.org/docbook/

-- The Apache Velocity team.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Velocity DocBook Framework 1.0 released

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Great :)

I have been looking for a usable DocBook framework for a while.

regards Malcolm

Posted by David Roussel <na...@diroussel.xsmail.com>.
Great work guys.

I managed to get the existing documentation of Luntbuild building to HTML
and PDF using DBF in a very short amount of time.  I had spent ages looking
for a way to process docbook, but there are so many tools, in various
states, and often unix only.

Now using Apache Velocity DocBook Framework I can build all the docs from an
Ant script on mac, linux or windows.  No problem.

The only issue I had were:

1) the existing docbook files were named *.docbook and the build-docbook.xml
script expects all docbook files to be *.xml, so I had to do some renames.

2) Also I had to move some files around to match the expected structure, no
big problem.

3) Had problems running without an internet connection.  Despite the
xml-catalog.xml and CatalogManager.properties being generated correctly, and
being on the classpath, when I run the ant target I get
"java.net.UnknownHostException: www.oasis-open.org".  Works fine with an
internet connection.

Thanks again.

David