Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sharad Agarwal <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/17 14:01:08 UTC

Announcing Bangalore Hadoop Meetup Group

Hi Bangalore Area Hadoop Developers and Users,

There is a lot of interest in Hadoop and Big Data space in Bangalore. Many
folks have been asking for Bangalore meetups for long.

I have just created the group here to manage the logistics -
http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-Hadoop-Meetups

The idea is to have regular meet ups and talk about Hadoop and related
stack. Depending on the interest of people we can meet once a month or
every other month.

We can plan to have the first meetup in December if enough people show
interest. InMobi is happy to host the event.

Please consider joining it.

If you are interested in organizing or talking at one of our meetings,
please contact me.

Thanks
Sharad Agarwal
Hadoop Committer
Technology Platforms, InMobi

Re: Announcing Bangalore Hadoop Meetup Group

Posted by be...@gmail.com.
Hi Sharad
         Great effort. Hats off!.. I'd bring my whole team in.  Please fix on the date as well. I have proposed for December 2nd 4 PM in the meet up.
Please contact me for any assistance as even I'm put up in the same campus.

Thanks a lot!..

Regards
Bejoy K S

Posted by "real great.." <gr...@gmail.com>.
Very Good effort..thanks a lot.:)

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Rajesh Balamohan <
rajesh.balamohan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Excellent effort Sharad,
>
> Please do let us know the event timing.
>
> ~Rajesh.B
>
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Sharad Agarwal <sharad.apache@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi Bangalore Area Hadoop Developers and Users,
> >
> > There is a lot of interest in Hadoop and Big Data space in Bangalore.
> Many
> > folks have been asking for Bangalore meetups for long.
> >
> > I have just created the group here to manage the logistics -
> > http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-Hadoop-Meetups
> >
> > The idea is to have regular meet ups and talk about Hadoop and related
> > stack. Depending on the interest of people we can meet once a month or
> > every other month.
> >
> > We can plan to have the first meetup in December if enough people show
> > interest. InMobi is happy to host the event.
> >
> > Please consider joining it.
> >
> > If you are interested in organizing or talking at one of our meetings,
> > please contact me.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sharad Agarwal
> > Hadoop Committer
> > Technology Platforms, InMobi
> >

> --
> ~Rajesh.B

R.V.

Re: Announcing Bangalore Hadoop Meetup Group

Posted by Rajesh Balamohan <ra...@gmail.com>.
Excellent effort Sharad,