Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Wilfredo Rodriguez <wi...@kiwix.org> on 2010/09/15 21:35:09 UTC

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException

Good morning.

First of all I would like to introduce myself. My name is Wilfredo
Rodriguez, I am writing from Venezuela.

I am a novice in Jmeter, I'm just starting to enter the world of
performance testing.

I have a JBoss server and I would save http request, however. When you
try to access any page of the system displays the following error:

-----------------------------------
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection
during handshake
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown
Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Unknown
Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:483)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:965)
	at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:242)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException: SSL peer shut down incorrectly
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(Unknown Source)
	... 10 more
-----------------------------------

I have been reading the manual and searching google for quite some
time, I have not been able to find a solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance

--
Lcdo. Wilfredo Rafael Rodríguez Hernández

Re: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException

Posted by rkannan <ka...@keystonelogic.net>.
I'm too getting the "SSL peer shut down incorrect" error at some cases.

Sampler Request:

Thread Name: New Service 1-2
Sample Start: 2010-11-24 13:55:32 IST
Load time: 106297
Latency: 106295
Size in bytes: 1549
Sample Count: 1
Error Count: 1
Response code: Non HTTP response code: javax.net.ssl.SSLException
Response message: Non HTTP response message: SSL peer shut down incorrectly

Response headers:

HTTPSampleResult fields:
ContentType:
DataEncoding: null

Response Data:

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: SSL peer shut down incorrectly
                at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.readV3Record(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(Unknown
Source)
                at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)
                at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDataRecord(Unknown Source)
                at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppInputStream.read(Unknown
Source)
                at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
                at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
                at sun.net.www.MeteredStream.read(Unknown Source)
                at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
                at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$HttpInputStream.read(Unknown
Source)
                at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
                at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
                at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
                at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.readResponse(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1460)
                at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.readResponse(HTTPSampler.java:288)
                at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:516)
                at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:965)
                at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:951)
                at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:348)
                at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:243)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

What is the exact solution to avoid this SSL error. I'm using Jmeter 2.4 and
JDK 1.5

Re: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 15 September 2010 21:08, Wilfredo Rodriguez <wi...@kiwix.org> wrote:
> I forgot something else. I have a local proxy (not the Jmeter proxy)
> to connect to my applications

In that case, see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html#proxy_server

Posted by Wilfredo Rodriguez <wi...@kiwix.org>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
>I then use these requests saved to simulate tests. My port is 8080
8080 is usually the http port. Your original requests shows that JMeter was
trying SSL which means the sampler was HTTPS (or you got redirected or
something - make sure your sampler has follow redirects and not redirect
automatically). Youll have to see what is correct for your application and
create your script correctly - http sampler with http port and https
samplers with https ports.
>If I access directly from the browser displays no error.
ok. what is the protocol (for all requests). HTTP  or HTTPS?

regards
deepak

Posted by Wilfredo Rodriguez <wi...@kiwix.org>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Its not quite clear what you are doing / have done?
Are you running the test or recording it? If you are running the test, then
you seem to be making a HTTPS request? are you using the correct port? When

Posted by Wilfredo Rodriguez <wi...@kiwix.org>.
2010/9/15 Evandro Grezeli <gr...@gmail.com>:
> Welcome aboard.
>
> Does your application requires a certifier to handshake the connection? If
> does, are you loading it in your scenario?

The scenario I'm testing my application does not require any certification.
This error occurs when trying to load any page, always shows the same error

Posted by Evandro Grezeli <gr...@gmail.com>.
Welcome aboard.