Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by RW <rw...@googlemail.com> on 2009/06/08 18:43:07 UTC

BOTNET plugin download

The BOTNET plugin isn't covered in the CustomPlugins wiki page. When I
Googled it I found this:

http://people.ucsc.edu/~jrudd/spamassassin/Botnet.tar

but it's a bit old. Is there a later version?

Re: BOTNET plugin download

Posted by John Rudd <jr...@ucsc.edu>.
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 16:31, alexus<al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> whats botnet plugin?

It's a SpamAssassin plugin looks at DNS configurations and attempts to
identify hosts that are probably actually clients that are sending
email directly to your server, instead of through their own mail
server.

There's a high likelihood that those senders are actually botnets and
not legitimate senders.  Thus the name of the plugin.  But, botnets
aren't its only purpose.  It's also an encouragement for email admins
to follow best practices in how they set up the DNS of their mail
servers.

Re: BOTNET plugin download

Posted by alexus <al...@gmail.com>.
whats botnet plugin?