Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/02 11:15:23 UTC

Re: [Community] Proposals for those interested in participating

Hi Alex,

Up to now I have been a user of APACHE Directory and Studio in mij company,
but haven't been very active on this mailing list. But I want to complement
the team with both products.

Regarding #1

Apache OFBiz has already an interface to create and maintain party
information, and can use an LDAP engine for authentication. (I use both in
my company) However, it does not have the api's incorporated to maintain
LDAP data. Your java and groovy api's could fulfill that gap in OFBIz
functionality and OFBiz could fill the void regarding a web based
administrative application.

As Directory and OFBiz are APACHE projects both can leverage each others
insights, knowledge and succes.

Regards,

Pierre Smits

Fwd: [Community] Proposals for those interested in participating

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
FYI

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Up to now I have been a user of APACHE Directory and Studio in mij company,
> but haven't been very active on this mailing list. But I want to complement
> the team with both products.
>
> Regarding #1
>
> Apache OFBiz has already an interface to create and maintain party
> information, and can use an LDAP engine for authentication. (I use both in
> my company) However, it does not have the api's incorporated to maintain
> LDAP data. Your java and groovy api's could fulfill that gap in OFBIz
> functionality and OFBiz could fill the void regarding a web based
> administrative application.
>
> As Directory and OFBiz are APACHE projects both can leverage each others
> insights, knowledge and succes.

Feel free to use the API in OFBiz. Regarding using OFBiz in ApacheDS, may be
that would be heavy. Plus in the end we're going to have our own permissions
management API at some point for doing RBAC. Maybe we'll piggy back on an
existing API and back the model in LDAP. Who knows but OFBiz seems like over
kill. maybe you were thinking about some of its components?

Regards,
Alex