Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/27 11:21:29 UTC

How to Configure hbase.client.scanner.timeout.period and hbase.rpc.timeout

Hi,
     I have following property value as below

        <property>
        <name>hbase.client.scanner.timeout.period</name>
        <value>60000</value>
        </property>

        <property>
        <name>hbase.rpc.timeout</name>
        <value>60000</value>
        </property>
When scanning 30 tables in hbase(each table holds 45 million records) I got

WARN client.ScannerCallable [main]: Ignore, probably already closed
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.LeaseException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.LeaseException: lease does not exist

But when I change the value to

       <property>
        <name>hbase.client.scanner.timeout.period</name>
        <value>70000</value>
        </property>

        <property>
        <name>hbase.rpc.timeout</name>
        <value>70000</value>
        </property>
It runs successfully.
Can any one tell me the reason for this failure and also is there any
factor to calculate these property values for any data.

Re: How to Configure hbase.client.scanner.timeout.period and hbase.rpc.timeout

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
bq. number_of_rows: 2147483647
From the above line in your posted log, somehow your
hbase.client.scanner.caching
setting didn't take effect. Please make sure you modified the correct
hbase-site.xml on client side.

You could also set the caching in the application code, simply by invoking
Scan#setCaching

Best Regards,
Yu

Posted by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com>.
this is the log I am getting while running

2017-01-05 11:41:49,629 DEBUG
[B.defaultRpcServer.handler=15,queue=0,port=16020] ipc.RpcServer:
B.defaultRpcServer.handler=15,queue=0,port=16020: callId: 3 service:
ClientService methodName: Scan size: 23 connection: hostname:port
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.LeaseException: lease '706' does not
exist
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.Leases.removeLease(Leases.java:221)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.Leases.cancelLease(Leases.java:206)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RSRpcServices.scan(RSRpcServices.java:2491)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$ClientService$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientProtos.java:32205)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2114)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:101)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor.consumerLoop(RpcExecutor.java:130)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor$1.run(RpcExecutor.java:107)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Posted by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rajeshkumar,

Simply speaking, in your case I'd suggest to set hbase.client.scanner.caching

Posted by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com>.
I am using hbase 1.1.1.

  I have following property value in hbase-site.xml and I didn't set
value hbase.client.scanner.caching
property(so it must pick default value for this)

        <property>
        <name>hbase.client.scanner.timeout.period</name>
        <value>60000</value>
        </property>

        <property>
        <name>hbase.rpc.timeout</name>
        <value>60000</value>
        </property>
When scanning 30 tables in hbase(each table holds 45 million records) I got
the following error

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.