Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Cam <cm...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/17 16:35:13 UTC

Filtering Site Documents With Periods in Property Names - Suspect Bug

Hi ml,

I've been trying to get property filtering to work over the site
documents as specified in
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/usage.html by
appending the '.vm' extension to the appropriate files. The problem is
that the property filtering doesn't seem to work when the property names
contain periods for breaking up the context words, for example:

The works:
${currentVersion}

This doesn't:
${current.version}

For some reason the default maven properties which are always available
DO work even if they have periods, for example this is resolved correctly:

${project.version}

Seems like some strange behavior and it took me a while to nutt it out.
Anyone else seen this, is it a valid bug for the component?

Thanks,
Cam

Re: Filtering Site Documents With Periods in Property Names - Suspect Bug

Posted by Cam <cm...@gmail.com>.
bugger...

i'm slightly reluctant to rename all my properties. It would also break
the convention that maven currently uses as it's properties also use
periods. That's really what i find surprising, if it can work for maven
it must be possible for pom properties too?

Cam