Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Tejas Sheth <ts...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/28 05:48:30 UTC

Stable updated System VM template

Hello,

 We are using cloudstack 4.3 with  system vm template deployed from bellow
link.

u http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.3/systemvm64template-2014-01-14-master-xen.vhd.bz2
-h xenserver -F

 I guess in above template hartbleed pach is not available.

 can anyone provide the latest version of system vm template with
satble and secure operations?

Thanks,

Tejas

Re: Stable updated System VM template

Posted by Tejas Sheth <ts...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

  I have updated cloudstack 4.3.1 with latest system vm template but now i
am getting folloing erro when i try to upload iso image to secondary
storage.

Error In UI: Timeout waiting for response from storage host
Error in Management server log:
2014-11-28 20:25:26,772 DEBUG [c.c.s.d.DownloadListener]
(Timer-10:ctx-a4559d36) timeout: transitioning to download error state,
currstate=NOT_DOWNLOADED, TEMPLATE: 202 at host 7
2014-11-28 20:25:26,812 WARN  [c.c.s.d.DownloadListener]
(Timer-10:ctx-a4559d36) Entering download error state: timeout waiting for
response from storage host, TEMPLATE: 202 at host 7

 I have executed ssvm-check.sh it shows following output.
First DNS server is  10.3.4.9
PING 10.3.4.9 (10.3.4.9): 56 data bytes
--- 10.3.4.9 ping statistics ---
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.751/1.678/2.606/0.928 ms
Good: Can ping DNS server
Good: DNS resolves download.cloud.com
nfs is currently mounted
Management server is 10.3.4.3. Checking connectivity.
Good: Can connect to management server port 8250
Good: Java process is running
Tests Complete. Look for ERROR or WARNING above.

  Any Idea about the reason behind above issue in cloudstack with advance
zone configuration?.

Thanks
Tejas

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Tejas,

> On 28-Nov-2014, at 4:15 pm, Tejas Sheth <ts...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>   Thnaks, in order to deploy systemvm template 4.3.1 we also require
> cloudstack 4.3.1 i think we have deployed 4.3 only.
> So i guess we have to use latest version of 4.3 version template only.

Using one of our rpm/deb repository, just upgrade CloudStack management server. 4.3.1 is a bugfix release so a simple apt-get/yum update+upgrade will work for you. Read the release notes document for 4.3.1 for registering/upgrading systemvm templates on shapeblue.com/packages.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com

Posted by Tejas Sheth <ts...@gmail.com>.
Hi Goeff,

Posted by Tejas Sheth <ts...@gmail.com>.
Hi Geoff,

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<htp://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@cloudstackguru<https://twitter.com/#!/cloudstackguru>

On 28 Nov 2014, at 08:01, Tejas Sheth <ts...@gmail.com><mailto:

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Go Chiba <go...@gmail.com><mailto:

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Tejas Sheth <ts...@gmail.com><mailto:

Posted by Tejas Sheth <ts...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Geoff,

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
There are also updated versions available here

http://packages.shapeblue.com/systemvmtemplate/4.3/4.3.1/

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540> | M: +447968161581<tel:+447968161581>

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<htp://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@cloudstackguru<https://twitter.com/#!/cloudstackguru>

ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS<x-apple-data-detectors://5>

On 28 Nov 2014, at 08:01, Tejas Sheth <ts...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Thanks for the link.

Posted by Tejas Sheth <ts...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the link.