Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Jo...@biglots.com on 2012/02/08 18:37:35 UTC

sending apache poi excel file to file:outbound_channel_adapter

Using Spring Integration, I'm trying to generate an apache-poi excel file
in my transformer and then feed that into my adapter. I can't seem to get
the combination right so that the file is readable as an Excel
spreadsheet. Is this possible?

If so, can anyone give me a hint?
--

J Nelson
Lead Application Analyst

Re: sending apache poi excel file to file:outbound_channel_adapter

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Feb 8, 2012, at 9:37 AM, JosephNelson@biglots.com wrote:

> Using Spring Integration, I'm trying to generate an apache-poi excel file
> in my transformer and then feed that into my adapter. I can't seem to get
> the combination right so that the file is readable as an Excel
> spreadsheet. Is this possible?

We do it from a Java Servlet in a Tomcat Container all the time and for many years.

> If so, can anyone give me a hint?

Make sure you set the mime-type appropriately. Make sure you are sending binary data.

Regards,
Dave