Posted to user@tika.apache.org by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2013/02/02 08:08:36 UTC

Re: JAX-WS Tika Server fails to start

Hi AJ,

What command are you running the start the server?

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Thanks Aaron! Really appreciate it!

Cheers,
Chris

From: Aaron <aw...@comcast.net>>
Date: Saturday, February 2, 2013 11:17 AM
To: jpluser <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>>, "user@tika.apache.org<ma...@tika.apache.org>" <us...@tika.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: JAX-WS Tika Server fails to start

I will do it on Monday, and will volunteer to help. While it's the first time I'm picking up the Tika source, I've been around the block more than a few times with java. ;-)

-Aaron

"Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>> wrote:
Thanks Aaron,

I worked on Tika JAXRS server, with Max, so am interested in improving and making that awesome.

Your suggestions below for it are great. Can you file JIRA issues in Tika to track them? To do this:

  1.  If you don't have one already sign up for an account at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA
  2.  Create TIKA issues for each of your suggestions (expose xhtml resource; modify accept headers; return in JSON or XML…so 3)

That will help Tika devs keep track of what needs to work on and is good documentation for what we're doing.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Chris

From: Aaron <aw...@comcast.net>>
Date: Saturday, February 2, 2013 6:00 AM
To: "user@tika.apache.org<ma...@tika.apache.org>" <us...@tika.apache.org>>, jpluser <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>>

Haven't used any arguments. From the source code I looked at, the only optional arg is port.

I started looking at the services exposed, especially TikaResource, but I got busy with some other work.

I think either exposing an xhtml resource, or modifying the existing to use accept-headers to identify the requested return format would be valuable.

Also adding something similar to the metadata service to return in json or xml.

org.apache.cxf.ws<http://org.apache.cxf.ws>.discovery.listeners.WSDiscoveryServerListener.getService
org.apache.cxf.ws<http://org.apache.cxf.ws>.discovery.listeners.WSDiscoveryServerListener.startServe

Posted by Aaron <aw...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Aaron <aw...@comcast.net>.