Posted to custos@airavata.apache.org by Rishabh Gajra <rg...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/01 01:50:21 UTC

Python SDK for MFT

Hi,
This is related to custos python client that is present in the develop
branch. I believe all the classes that are present in the module are
generated from the proto buff. I wanted to address the issue where there is
a change in the protobuff file on the server-side. Is there any method
where we can avoid manually putting the class file in every client that we
build on. Also, our team is planning to write the Python SDK for Airavata
MFT (Possibly extend to GOLANG too if time permits).
Specifically, I want to address the above issue. Any suggestion on how to
go about this is appreciated. Thank you.

Rishabh.

Re: Python SDK for MFT

Posted by Rishabh Gajra <rg...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I have completed the work for python sdk which is in this PR:
https://github.com/apache/airavata-mft/pull/17
Dimuthu has already reviewed it with some changes. I am currently working
on a read Me for this.
Kindly have a look and suggest if there's any more improvements.
Thanks,
Rishabh.

Rishabh.

Re: Python SDK for MFT

Posted by Rishabh Gajra <rg...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Re: Python SDK for MFT

Posted by GOPI KIRAN <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Python SDK for MFT

Posted by Rishabh Gajra <rg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the suggestions Isuru and Marru.
I got it and I will go ahead and use this method as of now. I will use the
maven plugin that is being used in Airavata-MFT (org.xolstice.maven.plugins)
But I have a question for the future. Like we are building the client with
all the proto classes like in java. We need to find a way to push into the
Pip right? Also in the future we are going to separate out the clients from
the main server repo of Airavata-MFT, aren't we? I will use the method
suggested above as of now. I will later discuss about the Pip later.
Thanks once again for the suggestion!
Rishabh.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 10:39 PM Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Apr 30, 2020, at 10:26 PM, Isuru Ranawaka <ir...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Rishabh,
>
> Some suggestions, try out a maven plugin (e.g protbuf-maven-plugin) to
> generate stubs and copy them into relevant folders or write a script (e.g
> shell script) and execute via maven phase.
>

> Here is an example shell script we use for generation of Thrift SDK’s. You
> could follow this example and write equivalent protobuff one and link it
> maven phase as Isuru suggested:
>

> https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/master/thrift-interface-descriptions/generate-thrift-stubs.sh
>
> Suresh
>

> thanks
> Isuru
>

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 10:03 PM Rishabh Gajra <rg...@gmail.com>

> This is related to custos python client that is present in the develop
> branch. I believe all the classes that are present in the module are
> generated from the proto buff. I wanted to address the issue where there is
> a change in the protobuff file on the server-side. Is there any method
> where we can avoid manually putting the class file in every client that we
> build on. Also, our team is planning to write the Python SDK for Airavata
> MFT (Possibly extend to GOLANG too if time permits).
> Specifically, I want to address the above issue. Any suggestion on how to
> go about this is appreciated. Thank you.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Rishabh.
>

> --
> Research Software Engineer
> Indiana University, IN

Rishabh.

Re: Python SDK for MFT

Posted by Rishabh Gajra <rg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the suggestions Isuru and Marru.
I got it and I will go ahead and use this method as of now. I will use the
maven plugin that is being used in Airavata-MFT (org.xolstice.maven.plugins)
But I have a question for the future. Like we are building the client with
all the proto classes like in java. We need to find a way to push into the
Pip right? Also in the future we are going to separate out the clients from
the main server repo of Airavata-MFT, aren't we? I will use the method
suggested above as of now. I will later discuss about the Pip later.
Thanks once again for the suggestion!
Rishabh.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 10:39 PM Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Apr 30, 2020, at 10:26 PM, Isuru Ranawaka <ir...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Rishabh,
>
> Some suggestions, try out a maven plugin (e.g protbuf-maven-plugin) to
> generate stubs and copy them into relevant folders or write a script (e.g
> shell script) and execute via maven phase.
>

> Here is an example shell script we use for generation of Thrift SDK’s. You
> could follow this example and write equivalent protobuff one and link it
> maven phase as Isuru suggested:
>

> https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/master/thrift-interface-descriptions/generate-thrift-stubs.sh
>
> Suresh
>

> thanks
> Isuru
>

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 10:03 PM Rishabh Gajra <rg...@gmail.com>

> This is related to custos python client that is present in the develop
> branch. I believe all the classes that are present in the module are
> generated from the proto buff. I wanted to address the issue where there is
> a change in the protobuff file on the server-side. Is there any method
> where we can avoid manually putting the class file in every client that we
> build on. Also, our team is planning to write the Python SDK for Airavata
> MFT (Possibly extend to GOLANG too if time permits).
> Specifically, I want to address the above issue. Any suggestion on how to
> go about this is appreciated. Thank you.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Rishabh.
>

> --
> Research Software Engineer
> Indiana University, IN

Rishabh.

Re: Python SDK for MFT

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
On Apr 30, 2020, at 10:26 PM, Isuru Ranawaka <ir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rishabh,
>
> Some suggestions, try out a maven plugin (e.g protbuf-maven-plugin) to
> generate stubs and copy them into relevant folders or write a script (e.g
> shell script) and execute via maven phase.

Here is an example shell script we use for generation of Thrift SDK’s. You could follow this example and write equivalent protobuff one and link it maven phase as Isuru suggested:

https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/master/thrift-interface-descriptions/generate-thrift-stubs.sh <https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/master/thrift-interface-descriptions/generate-thrift-stubs.sh>

Suresh

Re: Python SDK for MFT

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.

Re: Python SDK for MFT