Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org> on 2022/12/16 23:57:39 UTC

Past Ozone Events

Hi community,

I opened a PR  (https://github.com/apache/ozone-site/pull/29) to add a web
page to link past Ozone events and conference talks.

Let me know if you have given a talk in the past. I can help add to the
page. Best if you have links to recordings or slide deck.

This is the rendered output so far:

Ozone EventsPast Meetups

The first ever Apache Ozone User Group Summit was held at Cloudera’s
headquarter on Nov 10, 2022. This event was live streamed on LinkedIn and
YouTube. Meetup link
<https://www.meetup.com/futureofdata-siliconvalley/events/289201001/> YouTube
recording <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aEpeSXMMzw>

The following was the list of agenda:
Bucket types and FSO improvements

Speaker: Ethan Rose

Recent release of the Cloudera Data Platform 7.1.8 shipped two key feature
improvements for Apache Ozone - ability to create specialized buckets:
object store (OBS) and file system optimized (FSO). The special FSO-enabled
bucket now supports atomic renames on file system objects; required for
data warehousing workloads like Apache Hive queries to perform efficiently
and correctly on underlying storage. Come join us to learn more about how
Ozone can now support diverse workloads in cloud-native environment: single
storage system with S3 as well as hierarchical file-system capabilities.
Apache Ozone snapshots - new design

Speakers: Prashant Pogde, Siyao Meng

Apache Ozone snapshots is a critical innovation currently driven by
Cloudera with the active Apache Ozone community. This talk covers the early
design goals, architecture of snapshots and results from an early POC.
Ozone aims to uniquely provide an object storage solution that enables a
consistent point in time view of the namespace with instantaneous snapshot
capability and very efficient linear time snapshot diff feature to find out
what has changed in your system in between snapshots. Come join us to learn
more about how we propose to achieve this.
Apache Ozone Performance

Speakers: Ritesh Shukla

Apache Ozone is a modern object storage that uniquely supports a native S3
interface as well as a Hadoop compatible file system interface. Ozone’s
architecture is designed to meet the high performance requirements of
diverse workloads while being able to scale to billions of objects and 100s
of petabytes of dense distributed storage nodes. The Apache Ozone community
invested a significant amount of time to improve performance, both
throughput and latency for metadata and data. Moreover, Apache Ozone is
built to take advantage of modern storage innovations like NVMe. This talk
will provide insights into such improvements while sharing test results for
well known benchmarks like TPC-DS.
Past Conference Talks2022

   - ApacheCon North America 2022: Reduce Your Storage Footprint with
   Apache Ozone Erasure Coding. Uma Maheswara Rao Gangumalla.
   - ApacheCon North America 2022: Inside an Apache Ozone Upgrade. Ethan
   Rose.
   - ApacheCon North America 2022: Apache Ozone - State of the Union. Siyao
   Meng, Ethan Rose.
   - ApacheCon North America 2022: Performance of Apache Ozone on NVMe.
   Wei-Chiu Chuang, Ritesh Shukla.
   - China Apache Hadoop Meetup 2022: What’s new in Apache Ozone 1.3. Sammi
   Chen.
   - ApacheCon Asia 2022: Sharing Of Recent Progress And Practices In
   Apache Ozone <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB4lgATn-s8>. Yan Liu,
   Sammi Chen.
   - ApacheCon Asia 2022: Disaster Recovery In Apache Ozone
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E97fYFZJ2LQ>. Sadanand Shenoy, Rakesh
   Radhakrishnan.
   - ApacheCon Asia 2022: Apache Ozone Behind Simulation And Ai Industries
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmpHluBOesg>. Kota Uenishi.
   - ApacheCon Asia 2022: Apache Ozone: Multi-Protocol Aware System Handles
   Both Files And Objects Efficiently
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN7PWX9TdAE>. Radhakrishnan Rakesh,
   Singh Mukul Kumar.
   - SDC India 2022: Apache Ozone: Multi-protocol aware system handles both
   files and objects efficiently
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzPrL2I_2VU>. Radhakrishnan Rakesh,
   Singh Mukul Kumar.

2021

   - ApacheCon@Home 2021: Secure Apache Ozone with High Availability
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGEjS4lSbbY>. Bharat Viswanadham,
   Xiaoyu Yao.
   - ApacheCon@Home 2021: Apache Ozone - State of the Union
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0u4p_PlwDU>. Dinesh Chitlangia,
   Aravindan Vijayan
   - ApacheCon@Home 2021: Balancing data in Apache Ozone
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6L3E6q0dpk>. Lokesh Jain, Siddhant
   Sangwan.
   - ApacheCon@Home 2021: Ozone - Performance at billions’ scale
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAAMWyE0cpg>. Lokesh Jain.
   - ApacheCon Asia 2021: How Security Is Implemented In Apache Ozone
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw3HoM57168>. Bharat Viswanadham,
   Shashikant Banerjee.
   - ApacheCon Asia 2021: Apache Ozone: A High Performance Object Store For
   Analytics Workloads <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXrDhe8h7gQ>.
   Rakesh Radhakrishnan, Mukul Kumar Singh.
   - ApacheCon Asia 2021: How Apache Ozone Builds Up High Availablity With
   Raft Protocol <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeJ519NTVHo>. Shashikant
   Banerjee, Nandakumar Vadivelu, Li Cheng.
   - SDC India 2021: Apache Ozone: A High Performance Object Store For
   Analytics Workloads <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riRbSbmxFQE>.
   Rakesh Radhakrishnan, Mukul Kumar Singh.
   - SDC India 2021: Apache Ozone - Balancing and Deleting Data At Scale
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BccR07ChxtA>. Lokesh Jain.
   - SDC India 2021: Architecture and Performance at billions’ scale
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHYcExPv8W4>. Lokesh Jain.
   - COSCUP Taiwan 2021: My Journey with Apache Ozone
   <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZq6Pz7RLj8>. Yi-Sheng Lien.

Re: Past Ozone Events

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao Gangumalla <um...@gmail.com>.
Good compilation of the list of past talks Wei Chiu. Thank you for doing
that.

Regards,
Uma

Re: Past Ozone Events