Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Benjamin, Roy" <rb...@ebay.com> on 2013/03/07 01:51:03 UTC

Can I change to MULTIVALUED=true without rebuilding index?

Thanks!
Roy

RE: Can I change to MULTIVALUED=true without rebuilding index?

Posted by "Benjamin, Roy" <rb...@ebay.com>.
Thanks!
I was hoping that was true.
Roy

you can cahnge it from false to true w/o reindexing.

changing to true to false *should* be ok if you are 100% certain you don't hvae any documents in your index that have more then one value -- i don't even know what sorts of things might go wrong if you go
true->false but there are multiple values in some docs.  (plague of
locusts maybe, ... any number of things could freak out)

-Hoss

Re: Can I change to MULTIVALUED=true without rebuilding index?