Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2021/01/23 20:38:59 UTC

Re: Logging

Hi Devs,

As POI 5.0.0 is out and Marius is now a committer (*hint* ;) ), I think the logging topic can be discussed again.

So do we want ...
a) to keep SLF4J
b) or replace it with Log4j 2
c) or any other logging api

... and ...
d) to keep the POILogger class/facade
e) or directly call the Logging API

As we have now some time until 5.0.1, I would vote for b) + e). I can also do the replacement if no-one else dares too.

What's your stance?

Are dependency changes like this a major (semver) version change?

Andi

Re: Logging

Posted by Marius Volkhart <Ma...@volkhart.com>.
+1 for b + e
+1 for logging changes not holding up 5.0.1

I'll happily do the work, including appropriate changes to the docs on the
website.

--
Cheers,
Marius Volkhart

Re: Logging

Posted by Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ <ab...@for-scala.it>.
Hi,

+1 for a 5.0.1 before the switch to Log4j, removing the POILogger from the code base

Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ

⁣Obter o BlueMail para Android ​

Re: Logging

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.