Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by recursion <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/17 15:13:03 UTC

Logging flexability and pluggability in OpenEJB + HOWL

Hi, dear OpenEJB friends,

Another topic that has occupied my attention lately is logging. From what i
find at the official docs, it seems that OpenEJB is bundled with Simple
Logging Facade 4J (this jar is present in openejb/lib folder). From what i
find about SLF4J in wikipedia, it seems that this is a kind of facade that
can be configured to work with log4j and java.util.logging as a logging
backend. So, the conclusion i come to, is that OpenEJB can be integrated
with both log4j and java.util.logging. What about HOWL ? It is present in
the OpenEJB jars. Can it be configured to work with OpenEJB ?

Regards,
recursion.

Re: Logging flexability and pluggability in OpenEJB + HOWL

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
You are so welcome :)

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 9:52 PM, recursion<ba...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the fast and accurate answer! I appreciate it :)

----
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
----
- Albert Einstein

Re: Logging flexability and pluggability in OpenEJB + HOWL

Posted by recursion <ba...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
HOWL is used by geronimo-transaction manager which implements JTA and
HOWL is used to transaction logging not normal logging like Java
Logging APIs and Log4J.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:13 PM, recursion<ba...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, dear OpenEJB friends,
>
> Another topic that has occupied my attention lately is logging. From what i
> find at the official docs, it seems that OpenEJB is bundled with Simple
> Logging Facade 4J (this jar is present in openejb/lib folder). From what i
> find about SLF4J in wikipedia, it seems that this is a kind of facade that
> can be configured to work with log4j and java.util.logging as a logging
> backend. So, the conclusion i come to, is that OpenEJB can be integrated
> with both log4j and java.util.logging. What about HOWL ? It is present in
> the OpenEJB jars. Can it be configured to work with OpenEJB ?
>

> Regards,
> recursion.

----
Thanks